Best Golf Courses In Georgia
Best Georgia Golf Courses
Blessed by ridges and valleys, oceanside beaches, riverfront banks and those famous Georgia pines, the truly unique landscape from Atlanta down to Savannah and all places in between presented world-class golf course designers like Robert Trent Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Robert Cupp and countless others with the perfect canvas to create some of the country’s most iconic courses. And while we don’t quite have the clout to sneak you out onto Augusta, we can point you to the next best thing with the 10 best golf courses in Georgia.
- Bogart, Georgia
- Home to several amateur and professional events, Jennings Mill Country Club is the go-to track for great golfers to put their skills to the test. With tree-lined fairways, water guarding the inside of doglegs and its signature thick rough, Jennings Mill is a stimulating course that asks for the very best from its golfers in order to have a chance at sinking a few birdies on its pristine putting surfaces.
- Lake Lanier Islands, Georgia
- Nestled along the banks of Lake Lanier, Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course is a beautiful Joseph Lee and Billy Fuller design with tactically placed bunkers, sloping greens and dramatic elevation changes. And with 12 holes running along the lake, Lanier Islands Legacy features holes designs that mimic the great tracks on the Atlantic coast when in reality you’re just a chip and a putt from Atlanta.
- Designed by Mike Young
- Boasting one of the highest slope ratings in Georgia, the Legacy and Heritage combination at Heritage Golf Links is a demanding test that asks for the very best from its golfers. With several forced carries over water, naturally undulated terrain making for uneven lies and imposing pines creating tight alleyways, the layout at Heritage can be cruel, but there’s no better feeling than grabbing your ball from the 18th cup knowing you conquered the 138 slope.
- Savannah, Georgia
- Set in the marshy wetlands just outside of downtown Savannah, The Club at Savannah Harbor was brilliantly routed by Robert Cupp and Sam Snead to feature picturesque views of the historic downtown area as the backdrop to several holes. Measuring 7,288 yards from the tips, Savannah Harbor asks players to mimic Slammin Sammy’s style of play and crush some drives, especially on the monstrous 660-yard 7th hole dubbed “The Big Duke.”
- Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Skillfully routed through a dense pine forest and featuring perennial flowers, Stone Mountain Golf Club - Stonemont is Georgia golf at its most beautiful. But don’t get lost in Stonemont’s beauty, because Robert Trent Jones designed the course in a way that challenges golfers to play strategically and accurately from tee to green in order to throw some red numbers up on their scorecards.
- Dillard, Georgia
- Originally a Bill Watts design, Sky Valley Resort and Country Club was long considered a fantastic mountain course, but after a masterful redesign by Bill Bergin in 2007, Sky Valley catapulted up to simply one of the best tracks in ALL of Georgia. Highlighted by a naturally undulated landscape in the foothills of nearby Blue Ridge Mountain, Sky Valley sits 3,500 feet above sea level, and it features several tee boxes perched well above the fairway that grant golfers the opportunity to crush some of the longest drives they’ll ever hit.
- Suwanee, Georgia
- A brilliant display of Jack Nicklaus’ design prowess, Bear’s Best - Atlanta takes golfers on a journey through the Golden Bear’s most iconic holes from around the globe. From the 18th at Gleneagles Golf Course in Scotland to the 10th at Sherwood Country Club and the 12th at Muirfield Village, Bear’s Best - Atlanta gives golfers a unique opportunity to play some of the most exciting holes in all of golf in one round.
- Canton, Georgia
- One of the most exciting layouts in the greater Atlanta area, Woodmont Golf & Country Club is a Robert Trent Jones, Jr. design routed through rolling hills, lakes, streams and towering hardwood forests. Highlighted by arguably the best three finishing holes in the state, Woodmont caps off the round with two risk-reward par 5s that can make or break any round.
- Villa Rica, Georgia
- Conceptualized by one of the most renowned modern golf course architects and blessed by one of the prettiest landscapes in all of Georgia, The Frog Club is a Fazio gem that adheres to Fazio’s trademark design schemes of large tee boxes and greens. The Frog’s expansive tee boxes allow for a wide array of angles, and the vast, undulated putting surfaces create new and challenging reads every hole. With its flexibility for variety, The Frog feels like a new course every time you play it.
- Adairsville, Georgia
- Widely regarded as one of the best tracks in the South, the Fazio Course at Barnsley Resort is a Jim Fazio masterpiece sprawled out on 378 acres of the beautiful rolling hills of North Georgia. Dramatic elevation changes, lightning-fast greens and a collection of remarkable par 3s make the Fazio Course at Barnsley Resort a truly special place to tee it up.